Sunday, February 26, 2012

Missing You

A day in December it was. I was there with him at someplace and we were talking.  Talking of the time spent together in the City of Joy. It had been 2 years 4 months and 8 days of togetherness and he was leaving. I was on a verge to cry but had controlled myself from crying because I wanted him to be fine. Deep inside our hearts we knew that we were going to miss each other. The moments spent together would linger on our minds through out our life. Not that we forgot our first meet in Dilli, but City of Joy had a different magic. Some even say black magic. We were running out of words and time was running out of our hands. None wanted to depart but we could not do anything about that. I wished I could stop him, but he had to go. He had completed his PG and now had to start working. We were talking nonsense that day. Our faces had smile because we both did not want leave crying. But our hearts were lamenting. Then I came back home with a sad heart, but I knew I was again going to see him at the station. We packed all the eatables that he was supposed to take with him for his journey. This time my sister was going with me to the station. And when you want to reach somewhere early, God has some other plans for you. Not a single cab was ready to drop us at the station. Train was supposed to depart at 5:45pm and it was already 3:30pm. One hour journey to the station, and if traffic attacks then it may take more than an hour and not a single cab. At last after 15 mins of wait we got a cab. But it was obvious God was trying my patience that day. Traffic, traffic and traffic.. Huh! We reached station at 4:45pm and thank God we had one hour to spend together. The last hour together in The City of Joy. I was not happy at all. He was trying stupid jokes to keep my mood up, but no use. I knew that he was leaving and that feeling was breaking me with every passing minute. I was holding tight to him because I never wanted him to leave. It was 5:30 pm and just fifteen more minutes and he will be gone, this time not to come back soon. We loaded his luggage on Chambal Express and were waiting outside the gate of the train. The last moment, his last touch, that feeling was miserable. My eyes were full of tears now as I had been controlling them for long. I hugged him tight and cried. The train whistled and signaled that it was time to let go. He got up and stood near the trains gate. The train started and he waved at me. I waved back in tears. This time I could see tears in his eyes too. I waited there till the train went out of my sight. Then with a heavy heart I left the station, not to forget, with my sister. I wanted him back and if I could control time I would have stopped time there and then, when the train whistled. The miserable feeling still lingers in my heart when I let go his hand. I want to hold your hand once more, want to see you this close again. Come back soon. I miss you. I am waiting for you.But I know we will meet soon because "we meet to depart and we depart to meet".

No comments:

Post a Comment